Monday 23 April 2012

Dare not to Immigrate a Family Mate to NYC without Consulting an Immigration Lawyer - I

United States of America, a motherland of millions, working place of billions and dreamland for trillions, has very few legal doors for entry, after some intruders tried to invade its peaceful ambiance by attacking at New York City. Now, the regime of United States is very strict with its visa issuing and one has to pass through a streamed pipeline before actually getting an approval stamp on his passport. Now the question here is, “do one really needs the support of an immigration lawyer NYC firm or is it just fine to refer some blogs written by the immigration lawyer NYC firms before applying a family visa?”

The instant answer to the query is, dare not to immigrate a family mate to USA without consulting an immigration attorney. Here, I would like to share the extracts that I grabbed from a discussion held between an immigration lawyer and a person who was narrating his case and seeking answers of his questions from the attorney

Questioner: I want to bring my family mates to United States on Family Visa, wish you could help me on that.

Immigration lawyer: Certainly, I can but you need to answer few questions before I judge your eligibility for that sponsorship. So please enlighten me with followings:

* How old are you

* What is your legal status in United States?

* Whom you want to sponsor and how old are they?

Questioner: I am 30 years of age, my residential status is LPR (Law Full permanent resident) owning a Gas Station and I want to sponsor to my spouse and one son below 10.

Immigration lawyer: Well, according to your submitted answers, so far you are eligible to sponsor them all. Let me explain you how this works.

Family based immigrant visas categories are divided in two parts such as

* Immediate relative immigrant visas for closed family relationships, which are further classified in five sub-parts (IR-1 – IR-5). These visas do not follow any cap or wait system, as there are no visa limits for such visas.

Family preference immigrant visa, which are for specific, more distant, family relationships. These visas follow a cap system and once cap reaches its maximum, applicants has to wait.

With your application the good news is that, we will file a petition under family second preference (F2), as you are a LPR. Although the visa issuance under this category passes through a capping system and only 114,200 applications are entertained every year, but the surprising secret is more than 75% visas in this category are given to spouses and children.

Questioner: This is informative; trust me, none of the persons from any immigration lawyers NYC firm mentioned these things on their blogs. So, what is the procedure?

The answer to this question and several other questions will be discussing in our next article (part 2), under same title and introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment